domingo, 13 de mayo de 2007

Laura Kathryn´s Report


August 2nd, 2006

Nervous for tomorrow. A farrago of emotions I feel now strangely in my feet. Portland is so beautiful, with the rosy blue fog a soft cover for Mount Hood and two young stars beside gleam bright. I want to talk with someone who loves me. I want to calm their fears. The sun sets here as I write – colors unduplicable. Hours to go and I’ll be skipping into time… the closest to time travel there ever will be. Now I catch smiles from strangers, but I know that I will soon lose all my words. “Don’t think, only feel”. I pray I am kept safe and will read and remember these precious documented thoughts. My eyes are open and my mind is free. This writing revives my core and in spite of my grounded self, I am ready to take-off.

August 3rd, 2006

It has been just minutes in Costa Rica, but I feel sad. And alone. 10 months to go.

October 22nd, 2006

I’m writing today because I can hardly handle the machismo bullshit of this entire culture that I am just so unconnected with. It can I suppose, just be considered old fashioned for a middle-aged man to give up his seat on the bus to a completely healthy and able-to-stand 20 year old woman. Their prerogative, I guess. It is tolerable to see in this culture outside, on the bus, random gestures of antiquity. However, it is right ...

(click to read the complete report)

http://www.mediafire.com/?rf57ne2s8pyg67a

Photo: Bananas´s saleswoman, Hampi
Courtesy of Beatrice Velarde (www.beatricevelarde.com)

No hay comentarios: